The name "Westphalia" refers to several historical territorial creations of northwestern Germany:
- The historical region of Westphalia
- The Duchy of Westphalia (1180 - 1815)
- The Kingdom of Westphalia (1807 - 1813)
- The Province of Westphalia (1815 - 1945)
Other creations of Westphalia include:
- The Bench of Counts of Westphalia was one of the four benches of Counts in the Reichstag
- The Lower-Rhenish-Westphalian Circle is often referred to simply as the "Westphalian Circle"
- The Treaty of Münster and the Treaty of Osnabrück which ended the Thirty Years' War are collectively called the "Peace of Westphalia"